Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Why (not) me?

Seven reasons why if someone is going to have cancer, it might as well be me:

1. I have access to the best doctors. (Shout out, Dr. Dejan!)

2. I have access to the best nurses. (Shout out, Luis and Ed!)

3. I have access to - and money to pay for - complementary therapies. (Shout out, Elisa and Huang Yu!)

4. I'm surrounded by people who love me.

5. I have a job that allows me to put my wellness first.

6. I have pretty much done what I want to do with my life.  Am I allowed to say that?  Anyway, it's true.  I have touched lives, brought marvelous humans into the world, loved fully, and set things in motion that hopefully will continue after I'm gone.

7. I have a blog.

There are probably lots of other reasons that aren't coming to mind right now.  But think about it - better me than some lonely person with no resources, no support, and who hasn't yet done what she's on this earth to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment