Thursday, May 21, 2015

Goodbye Termeer

And indeed, it has proven to be just a day - not overly big or small.  

I realize that I don't write that much about my cancer per se.  I just don't find it that interesting. Perhaps if I were a scientist I would be more likely to share the ins and outs of what my cells are up to.  Today, for example, I heard a woman in the next room over speaking with her doctor or nurse, and referring to CDG415 (or something like that).  "Hey!" I thought, "That's my letter/number combination, too!" The major difference was that she sounded like she knew what she was talking about, whereas I don't know whether that's the name of the gene or the drug.  All I know is that it came up in my conversation with Dr. Juric.  The other major difference is that if that is, indeed, the name of the drug, it will not be mine. Which brings us to the topic of today's post...

My trials have ended - at least for now.  We're going back to some good ol' tried and true chemotherapy.  Not the crazy throw-up-lose-your-hair-and-mind kind.  No, this is the new(ish) swallow-a-pill-and-keep-your-hands-and-feet-moisturized kind.

But forgive this post, because even as I write it, I'm already bored.  This trial or that, this chemo or that, etc.  Tomorrow, it's back to philosophizing.


Here's more information on my beloved Termeer Center, which definitely deserves its own post - coming soon, perhaps.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, Gina, on your next step. Love your blog and thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your philosophizing, Gina, and your voice, humor, and spirit whatever you write about. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you luck, health, and equanimity -- I don't need to wish you wit and good humor, because you already have that in abundance!

    Thinking of you and looking forward to reading more --

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie TennerielloMay 22, 2015 at 12:22 PM

    I don't think you could be boring if you tried, Gina. I just binge-read the entries for May and I literally laughed and cried (from being moved by your thoughts, not from pity). Beautiful, honest writing. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your musings, Gina. (and I love it that you walked out on that periodontist!) I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well my love..I know absolutely nothing about numerology, but agree 9 just seems wrong…everything about you (to me) is a celebration…nothing ho hum whatsoever and 9 just seems so blah…loving you so much and sending you love. XOXOXOXOXOXO!!

    ReplyDelete