Saturday, May 23, 2015

Misnomer

I'm having some regrets about the name of this blog.  Not because if you Google "fuck cancer" you will see how utterly unoriginal it is.  And not because it's awkward to share the name in polite conversation.  But simply because that's often not the way that I feel.

Here are some other names that could have been contenders:

Sigh, Cancer: Often cancer is just an annoying life companion, like a little cousin who insists on following you everywhere.

Oh, right. Cancer: Sometimes I don't really think about having cancer at all, like when I'm teaching, especially.  Then something will come up that reminds me.

Wow, Cancer: Not a big happy "Wow!" like when you get served the most beautiful plate of food at a restaurant (#twfood). But still an awareness that this disease does bring its own gifts (#ilovemyblog).

You Goddam Shitface Fucking Asshole Cancer: That one kind of speaks for itself.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Gina - with my technical prowess I am not sure if this response is private or public but I just have to say that I have been reading your funny, touching, heart wrenching, wry, illuminating, remotely vaudevillian, blog. I've gotten to the one where you sit up and leave the Dentist office -- anyway, you know which one. I am thinking about you and sending spirited wishes to a wonderful writer, thinker and intensely sentient person here. Love to you, Benita

    ReplyDelete