Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Jokes

Here's an email that my spouse sent to me today:

I decided that what you need is an elephant joke every day, as I believe they are good for something, although I'm not sure what.

Q.  How do you know if there is an elephant on your back during a storm?

A.  You can hear its ears flapping in the wind.


Not sure how I feel about elephant jokes, but I do take great comfort in the fact that there is a person in the world who is sitting around and thinking that I might need one every day.

Feeling a bit blue these days - and uncertain.  But physically I'm feeling as well as I ever have in my life, so if it weren't for all of these hospital visits and hard evidence, I'd be very tempted to conclude that this is just some sort of huge mistake.

"Gina? It's Dr. Juric."

"Yes, Dr. Juric?"

"I have some rather alarming news.  All of your reports, scans, blood work, biopsies - the lot - have belonged to a different Gina Fried.  Her name is Gina Michelle Fried."

"But my name is Gina Michele Fried."

"But with one 'l,' yes?"

"Yes."

"Well the other Gina Michelle Fried - the one with metastatic breast cancer - spells her name with two l's."

"Oh."

"So all of us here at Mass General are very sorry for the mix-up.  We've cancelled the rest of your appointments and scans.  Take care, now."

Click.

"Wait, so..." 

Dial tone.


Wow.  That was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment