Wednesday, April 22, 2015

On not thinking about cancer

Yesterday I had a full day of not thinking about cancer. The irony, of course, is that you can't appreciate the fact that you're not thinking about it while you're actually not thinking about it, because if you did, you'd be thinking about it.

So I just went along having my perfectly normal middle-aged-woman day, wandering the streets of Toledo, looking at churches that once were mosques that once were visigoth churches.

So perhaps I can stop standing guard like a cancer sentinal.  Not sure what that accomplishes anyway. As if my cancer cells notice that I'm not paying attention and start multiplying faster than they would otherwise. "Hey, Guys! She's not looking. Go! Go! Go!"

I would say that the principal reason that I avoid not thinking about cancer is to avoid the pain of being reminded.  All of that being said, I may eventually have to change the name of this blog to "Normal Middle-Aged Woman Has Thoughts."

No comments:

Post a Comment