Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer!

First day of summer vacation.  Hard to describe the pure joy of not knowing what day it is. Actually, not that hard - it's heavenly, blissful, freeing. All day yesterday I thought it was Friday. That's because now I'm in the eternal Saturday of the next two months.

Last summer at this time I was reeling from and dealing with the fact that I had cancer.  I'm sure that there will be much reeling and dealing ahead, but right now it is simply my normal.

The other day, my spouse said to me, "We're lucky!"  And I agreed, but then added, "Just a touch of cancer."  We laughed, but I regretted that I had said that. We are incredibly lucky in countless ways, and cancer does not diminish any of those gifts.

That's all I got.  Enjoy the gifts of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment