Monday, July 27, 2015

July 30th

Well, it's almost my birthday.

For the past couple of decades I've felt a bit of dread watching the number that represents my age grow.  Of course, I act like I don't care, and in many ways I don't.  But still, the fact that my forties are something that I look back on is somewhat dreadful to me if I'm being completely honest with myself.

Now that has changed.  I want the numbers to come, to keep coming, to keep adding up.  53 -- great! Let's see if we can get to 54, or 60, or 70!  I want to grow old.  I want to be old.  I want to have my obituary say, "Gina Fried died at the age of 100 after a 64-year dance with cancer."

Ken y'hi ratzon.  May my wishes be reflected in the loving and positive orientation of the universe.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Keep dancing. I have video to prove this. Because you know, by the time you are 100, all obits will have video. But it will be seen directly via our eyes and not this silly internet thing.

    ReplyDelete