Monday, September 21, 2015

The Shit

Here's something new -- a post from deep in the shit.

I usually try to avoid these, whether to protect someone who I don't want to be worried about me, or because I just don't feel like writing.  But given that I'm just here in that two-hour window between CT and Bone scan, I might as well take on a new challenge.

Happy news: I'm starting a new trial this week.  At least I think I am.

Sad news: I'm going to be missing a lot of school and I'm not sure how to deal with that.  Being in the classroom - all set.  Creating online lessons that replicate the vibe and demands of my regular classroom - all set.  Letting someone else teach my kiddies...not so much.

Other sad news: Three times over the past two weeks I have woken up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain. LIke wild, thrashing, wait-is-this-actually-happening-cause-it-feels-like-some-weird-movie type of pain.  No idea what's causing it.  Could be swollen lymph nodes pressing on my lungs.  Could be not that.  Maybe scans will tell.

Happy news: I'm heading in the MGH today to get a Percocet prescription.

So no redeeming words of hope here.  Apologies.  Hopefully whereever you are, you are in the presence of something for which you feel grateful - a glimpse of sky, a loved one, warmth.



5 comments:

  1. Shit. No adequate response but I can't leave this page without writing something. Wish I could lift you out of it or at least go over there.
    I do have a glimpse of sky right now. Hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to quote a noted scholar of the English language, fuckity fuck fuck.
    Grateful to you for giving us - your loving readers - the gift of this truthful account of your experience. No apologies needed, ever.
    wishing you sky, flowers, warmth and love. (and definitely no yippy dogs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pain sounds so very, very awful and I don't want it to happen to you anymore. We are rooting for you and sending comfort. Yes, an incredible sky today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pain sounds so very, very awful and I don't want it to happen to you anymore. We are rooting for you and sending comfort. Yes, an incredible sky today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this;( feel better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete