Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Stuff I think about when I'm not thinking about cancer

Not feeling super cancery these days.  So that's awesome.  But bad for my blog.  Lots of other stuff I could write about, I suppose:

Like, how badly it sucks to be a black person in this country.  A friend and I were talking about it today - thinking about all of the ways that we kill black people: We shoot them; we under-diagnose and under-treat them; we arrest them without cause so that they kill themselves; we under-educate them. Anyway, you get the point.

Or I could write about the weather - LOVE IT!  I love summer. Everything about it.  Heat. Humidity. Bring it.

Or Donald Trump. God bless the man for the great humor and joy that he brings to my life every time he opens his mouth.

Or Israel and Palestine. Sigh. Easier to write about cancer.

Or my many many house guests who give me the chance to make things like pancakes and waffles and train-shaped birthday cakes.

Or gender categories that are constantly changing and expanding, so that the language is finally trying to keep up with the fluidity and complexity of gender itself.  Today, for example, I heard the term "gender flux." Cool.

So that's what's going on.  Off to take my Xeloda.

2 comments: